Friday, December 17, 2010

technology paper

Alex Mitchell
Hour 2
December 15, 2010

Technology position paper

The technology has taken a huge impact on our generation. Growing up around all the cell phones and internet has really had a big impact on our lives. What I mean is that we are becoming so advanced as a society to the point that we have things that we don’t even need. Like text messaging and internet on the cell phones and face book excreta.
In my opinion the internet is not evil but it is tied into cell phones and in my opinion it makes people materialistic and what I mean by that is people are so into technology. So many people are buying the newest phones and I pods, in my opinion let people spend their money on what they want. It is just so crazy that people spend so much time on phones and on the internet.
For example, the I phone. It is one of the most advanced pieces of hand held technology on the market today, and people are trying to make cell phones more and more advanced. My question is why? Why do we need so put so much time into cell phones when all you need is something to call a person. I seriously feel like I would not use a cell phone for Facebook and all the other uses that they have.
For example yesterday at Rachel’s challenge, I was behind a girl in the bleachers and she was on face book on her phone. I mean it’s just so ridiculous that people block out things that are going on, all for their own interests. I am not shocked by this though; our generation is not as respectful as our elders.
I mean there is so much going on and all to the point that everybody has thoughts going through their heads and don’t want to pay attention to things that don’t have to do with them but its super rude. I mean they might as well have kids stay in class if they are not going to go to an assembly about a school shooting and pay attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment